Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thailand, day 3

So, due to the fact that all my companions were hung over, we left the hotel on the last day at 11, checkout time , with our stuff. Luckily by then we’d ordered breakfast and I’d had a good night so I was ready to see what was happening and in a good mood. Yeah, we waited until 2 to get a cab to the Sanctuary of Truth, a new Buddhist temple still being built. We got the full package which meant first was the horse drawn carriage ride, then the elephant ride around the temple. I was surprisingly blasĂ© about riding an elephant. I was surprised by how normal I felt. Next was the horseback riding and I thought that would be normal too. Horseback riding is something that happens daily in the US. However, once I got on the horse, I couldn’t stop grinning. Yes, we were going at a walk and the horse was being led but I WAS ON A HORSE!!!!! I blame my sister’s love of horses. You see, the bookshelf in our room was filled with horse books and I read pretty much every one of them as I child. I always dreamed of getting on a horse’s back and riding like them. This trip was the third time I’d tried to ride a horse and I was finally on one. (The other two had fallen through, kinda at the last minute.  ) Anyways, that kinda made the trip. After that we had a good lunch while we watched some girls do native dances and then headed back to the guy’s hotel to try and get our stuff before getting on the bus to leave. We had supper at the Hard Rock CafĂ© and it was soo good to have a good cheeseburger again.
So, in review, I never did get to go shopping, but I ran out of money doing the other stuff and food. However, I got to sleep in an awesome hotel, have room service, swim, and ride a horse as well as getting pictures I will likely never get again. I also learned to pick my buddies better next time, but hey, you live and learn, huh?
Well, this is Li’l B signing off and wishing you all a lovely day. Stay tuned for my trip to Hakata, Japan and Vladavostok, Russia, hopefully up tomorrow. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment